Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Data anyone
by David Crowson at 18:37 04/09/04 (Blogs::Dave)
I now have at my disposal 3 USB2 portable disk drives, two with 250Gb capacity each and one with 60Gb.....added to the ones I already have that makes a total of over a terabyte of capacity at my command (more than most of the companies I've worked for:)

that's a fair way distant from the ZX80 (that I still own, that had no disk capacity, wouldn't load off tape and had 1Kb of RAM, as opposed to the 2Gb of RAM in my current server) ..it's been a long time coming........

--
bombholio
<< Swings and Roundabouts Solving Polynomial Equations >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Data anyone David Crowson - 18:37 04/09/04
Re: Data anyone David Crowson - 22:00 06/09/04
and I'd just finished filling one of the 250's up when I tripped over power lead and catapulted it across the room....scratch one disk :-/

--
bombholio

Re: Data anyone Gordon Hundley - 00:57 07/09/04
Ouch. I could say something about how most of the companies you have worked for had their drives in racks and had insanely expensive tape backups, but now is not the time.
--
DrGoon
Re: Data anyone David Crowson - 11:33 07/09/04
I know, I know, but at 130ukp for a 250Gb disk or 80 without the fancy case, who cares :)

(apart from the time to fill it up, it's no great loss, I'll just get another and use the case for one of my older, retired, been on the shelf for almost several minutes 40Gb disks :)

Note: see this same conversation in 3 yrs time, only substitute Tb for Gb :)

--
bombholio