Just keep thinking about the money...
by Bruce Ure at 14:28 12/08/04 (Blogs::Bruce)
The relatively newly-identified illness ADHD (Attention Defecit and Hyperactivity Disorder), occurring most commonly in pre-adolescent children, is often treated with stimulants, such as Ritalin, and amphetamines like Dexedrine.
The bizarre thing about this is that the condition, which is one of manic behaviour, hugely increased agitation and energy, nervousness, excessive restlessness and poor sleep patterns, is treated with drugs that ordinarily cause manic behaviour, hugely increased agitation and energy, nervousness, excessive restlessness and poor sleep patterns.

I have a theory that the same is happening to me with coffee. There seems to become a point where no matter how strong I make it, no amount of coffee can stop me wanting to curl up in a ball under my desk and go to sleep. I sometimes have serious problems keeping my eyes open.

Or perhaps the shine is simply wearing off, and working for a huge corporate dealing with the same old different problems all day every day really is mindlessly tedious after all.

<< Ah, the joy of eBay's email no... So there I was >>