Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Army Basing Programme - Larkhill
by Simon at 00:06 11/03/14 (Blogs::Simon)
The attached PDF comprises my personal comments which I have submitted to the consultation process.

The document analyses the impact of using two of the potential Larkhill development sites on the Summer Solstice Sunrise alignment as seen from Stonehenge.

It provides the historical background for the Larkhill "Sun Gap", shows the current situation and urges the MoD to remove these two particular sites from consideration and instead restore the "Sun Gap" sightline.

Also included are the contact details if you would like to submit your own comments on the MoD proposals before the 1st April 2014.

Since the print media seems to have a slight issue with understanding which sites are involved and what the summer solstice sunrise direction exactly is, I though it worth creating a diagram for them to base any further illustrations upon.

Shown here full size for clarity.

--
simon

Attachments...
PDF file (7093 K) Larkhill Basing Proposal and its Potential Effect on Stonehenge
JPG image (223 K) Diagram of solstice direction and problem sites
<< Restoring the Larkhill Sun Gap Larkhill Army Basing and the S... >>
Printer Version