Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: My photography recently
by Steve at 16:44 18/08/09 (Blogs::Bruce)
Yup - I do want a D700 not because I'm inclined to be an idiot but because I'm actually investing in doing some serious part time photography and I'm hitting the limits of the D80. It's focus system isn't good enough in low light, the sensor is too noisy and I really want the low noise at higher ISO. And given a choice between the D300s and the D700 - I figure I'll get a lot of long term value out of the D700 whereas with the D300s I'm going to feel the itch to upgrade to full frame in a year or so. I just know it.

BHPhotoVideo in NY sells a D700 body for just $2,699 (including the $300 rebate) which translates to £1629 at today's exchange rate. There are other reputable stores selling it for less - $2180 for example. I'm waiting until the end of next week before making a decision and pulling the trigger though.

I also need a 12-24mm f/2.8 lens to go with it! Hope I get a respectable bonus next month!

--
stevepa

<< Superb... FSF launches ... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
My photography recently Bruce Ure - 17/08
    Re: My photography recently Simon - 18/08
       Re: My photography recently Bruce Ure - 18/08
    Re: My photography recently Steve - 18/08