Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: My photography recently
by Bruce Ure at 16:17 18/08/09 (Blogs::Bruce)
That's a good question. Partly I enjoy technology for its own sake: I didn't buy a 188 mph motorbike to ride it at 188, it was a work of art, complete overkill for around town but an absolute joy to have nonetheless, and to some degree the same is true of cameras. I enjoy just holding the thing, and using it. To some extent, its output is secondary.

The other reason is that I do enjoy making lovely pictures, and trying to squeeze that extra bit of loveliness out of them. Hence thinking, well a full frame sensor (for example) will give me just that extra bit of lusciousness. Most of which is crap. We're talking extreme law of diminishing returns here... the differences are so tiny as to not be worth considering, at my level of skill. There is sooo much in the camera that I will never push to its limits. It will always be a far better camera than I will be photographer.

So I guess largely the reason I own a D700 is that I'm an idiot :-)

--

<< Superb... FSF launches ... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
My photography recently Bruce Ure - 17/08
    Re: My photography recently Simon - 18/08
       Re: My photography recently Bruce Ure - 18/08
    Re: My photography recently Steve - 18/08