Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: My photography recently
by Steve at 13:09 18/08/09 (Blogs::Bruce)
I've done the same. I carry my 3GS everywhere and since then, I've been taking way more photographs than before. And THAT is what matters. Not the quality of the camera - although that matters for certain applications - but the ability to recognize something that you want to photograph and be able to take the photograph there and then. It should be pretty evident from the other iPhone pictures on FlickR that you can achieve some amazingly creative pictures with just 3 megapixels. It all depends on what you point it at and how you compose the picture. I'm learning that composition matters so much that it just hurts.

I've got CameraBag installed which is akin to Photoshop on the desktop. So the combination of the 3GS low-res camera and CameraBag is at the other end from a D700 or a D3 with Photoshop CS4. And, it has to be said, at the end of the day they both produce exactly the same thing.

Yes, I do see your FlickR stream since I have it RSS'd to Google Reader and I guess seeing your iPhone efforts was what prompted me to ask how you were getting on with the D700. For me, I've done little with the D80 these last two or three months since the studio course finished.

Want my honest opinion? I think your iPhone pictures are just as interesting as your D700 pictures - probably a bit more because I can see that you're trying to be a bit more creative and it shows.

Incidentally, let me know if you decide to sell your D700. :-)

--
stevepa

<< Superb... FSF launches ... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
My photography recently Bruce Ure - 17/08
    Re: My photography recently Simon - 18/08
       Re: My photography recently Bruce Ure - 18/08
    Re: My photography recently Steve - 18/08