Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Drobo Pro
by Bruce Ure at 18:33 02/06/09 (Blogs::Bruce)
lol! Actually since we chatted about that I've been shooting "RAW+JPG (L, Fine)", but have yet to do any side by side comparisons.

I have re-read some of Ken Rockwell's guff about RAW vs JPG and it does seem that many of his arguments are no longer valid--mainly the one about RAW files being camera- and even firmware-specific... er, well DNG has appeared since he wrote that so it's totally invalid now.

I'm not that bothered about the extra size of RAWs either, yes partly cos I've got a Drobo :-) but also, a 16 GB card and an 8 GB spare is enough for a day out... what's that, 800-odd RAW images? I used to take 2 x 36-exp Fujichrome to last me a week :-)

So I guess RAW is where I'll settle, as it does seem to offer the most flexibility, and room for error, at a price of slight extra post-processing maybe.

--

<< Moonography Section 44 arrest in Chatham H... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Drobo Pro Bruce Ure - 1/06
    Re: Drobo Pro Steve - 2/06
       Re: Drobo Pro Bruce Ure - 2/06
             Re: Drobo Pro Bruce Ure - 2/06
    Re: Drobo Pro David Crowson - 3/06
       - Deleted User Account - 3/06
          Re: Drobo Pro Bruce Ure - 4/06