Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Moonography
by Bruce Ure at 09:49 12/05/09 (Blogs::Bruce)
Cheers!

Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 lens, with 2x teleconverter, at 600mm, on a Nikon D700, 1/125 at f/20 and ISO 400... tripod mounted (duh).

The lens is gorgeous, but it's the one I'm selling in favour of a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 with VR. With a 2x converter that'll be 140-400 so such images will be smaller but I think the VR may make up for that to some degree. Will be interesting to see. Also the hugeness of the Sigma means it rarely comes out. The Nikon's not exactly pocketable either but it's smaller enough that I'll take it out and about more, and 70 is much more usable than 120 at the wide end. Should be a good portrait lens.

Stupid having stuff sat there you don't really use. Especially expensive stuff :-/

Of course as some Ansel bloke said, the most important part of the camera is 12 inches behind it. All this kit and I still take loads of rubbish pictures... lol. Just love the kit though.

Speaking of which, have you seen Light Leaks? Quarterly magazine celebrating the art of low-fidelity photography... crap cameras, toy ones, box Brownies, etc. Fantastic stuff! I've subscribed for a couple of years now.

Have also (I'll shut up in a minute) been experimenting with sticking old lenses onto the camera backwards, with a special adapter ring. You get this wonderful soft-edged macro effect. There's one here.

--

<< Bristol Cameras just made my s... Drobo Pro >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Moonography Bruce Ure - 11/05
    Re: Moonography David Crowson - 11/05
       Re: Moonography Bruce Ure - 12/05
       - Deleted User Account - 12/05
    Re: Moonography Simon - 12/05