Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Questions and Answers
by Novacaster Administrator at 12:32 02/06/03 (Community Welcome)
If you have a question about how this site operates, or are having a problem using it effectively, please post a comment to this article.
In order to post comments, you need to be logged in.

Assuming you've used the 'Register' link and created yourself an account then you should have received an email to the address you gave when registering. This email contains confirmation of the username you chose, together with a randomly generated initial password. Use these credentials to log in, at which point you should change your password to something more memorable to you.

I registered but can't log in

The Novacaster software running this site relies on being able to set and read a cookie, which is a small text file, on and from your machine.

If you are using any cookie-blocking software, or have your browser privacy settings configured to disallow cookies by default, then you probably won't be able to log in successfully.

The symptom of this problem is that you will be endlessly returned to the login page, despite having entered your credentials correctly when logging in.

To correct it, you need to reconfigure your machine so that it accepts cookies from the community.novacaster.com domain.

In Internet Explorer for Windows, this setting is found in the Advanced section of the Internet Tools panel.

The cookie being set by this site is used to store authentication tokens that allow the software to recognise you and grant you the appropiate access rights to the various area of the site. We don't use cookies for marketing purposes, nor do we track your site usage through them, they are only used for access control. Please see the terms and conditions for a full privacy statement.
--
Novacaster Community Admin

<< Welcome to the Novacaster Comm... Welcome IBA Members, please cl... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Questions and Answers Novacaster Administrator - 2/06
    How do I run my own area of th... Novacaster Administrator - 2/06
    How can I have my own blog on ... Novacaster Administrator - 6/06
    What are these different areas... Novacaster Administrator - 25/10