Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

the importance of website designers
by scott wright at 16:31 03/11/04 (Forum::Online Communities)
I've got a new research idea - well it is a new way of providing evidence to support my hypothesis. I think that the role of website designers (and particularly for me forum designers) is not fully appreciated in social science literature.
I was thinking of putting out a survey through shout etc. But I was wondering if anyone else had any views on this? How important is the designer? Or do they just do what the customer wants? And is there differences between the demands of government and private companies in terms of the controls placed on you? How aware are the designers of the political and democratic requirements? Is it technology-led?

That's a lot of questions, but I thought I'd just throw out some ideas for discussion :-)

Did anyone else watch the beeb's coverage last night? I thought they were being far too confident in their assessment of Kerry's support based on the high turnout - a case of bias? Deluded hope? I only wish they'd been right!

Scott

<< 7 hr Documentary on BBS (DVD) Online Communities/Conferences >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
the importance of website desi... scott wright - 3/11
    Re: the importance of website ... Simon - 3/11
       Re: the importance of website ... scott wright - 4/11
          Downing Street - again! scott wright - 8/11
             Re: Downing Street - again! scott wright - 8/11
             Re: Downing Street - again! There is an attachment here Simon - 9/11
                Re: Downing Street - again! scott wright - 9/11
                   Re: Downing Street - again! Simon - 9/11
                      Re: Downing Street - again! scott wright - 10/11
                         "Relays" Simon - 10/11
                            Re: "Relays" Simon - 10/11
                         Re: Downing Street - again! scott wright - 10/11
                            Physical, not virtual Simon - 11/11
                               Re: Physical, not virtual scott wright - 8/12
       Re: the importance of website ... scott wright - 23/03
          Re: the importance of website ... Simon - 23/03