Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Track of the week
by Gordon Hundley at 00:52 07/09/04 (Blogs::Dave)
Anything new? But of course. :)

Slightly annoying that no sooner do I leave Britain, Porcupine Tree mature into one of the finest bands of the time. Anything Steven Wilson touches these days is gold. You have to get his homage to Krautrock, Arcadia Son by IEM. Awesome.

Over here, there is the fine The Mars Volta who are producing some good "Kosmische" music, with clear references to space rock jam bands like Hawkwind, and Krautrock like Can.

Also from this side of the pond, Phish have now split up, and impressive though they were, they weren't my thing most of the time. So that frees up Trey Anastasio, who has been doing the rounds recently with folks like Dave Matthews, and contributed to his excellent solo album. If you can find it, they did an amazing show for VH1 "Trey and Dave go to Africa" where they played with Orchestra Baobob.

This Oysterhead album featuring Trey, Les Claypool and Stewart Copeland is wonderful if you haven't yet picked it up.

Rush live have been as hot as they've ever been, which is nice after quite a few fallow years. The Rio DVD is incredible, but catch one of their UK shows if you can.

Next on my gig list is Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. We have tickets that should see us right in front of the incomparable Victor Wooten.
--
DrGoon

<< Watch in awe Swings and Roundabouts >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Track of the week David Crowson - 2/09
    Re: Track of the week Bruce Ure - 2/09
       Re: Track of the week David Crowson - 3/09
          Re: Track of the week Bruce Ure - 3/09
                Re: Track of the week Bruce Ure - 3/09