Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into the sunlit uplands
by Steve at 19:24 09/06/11 (Blogs::Simon)
I wish this will be true. Actually, I want this to be true. I desperately want an alternative to the horror that is Facebook. I've already trimmed a huge wodge of people from my Friends list that I've never communicated with and that's probably more a function of how hard it is to stay engaged in discussions on Facebook than on CIX.

However I can't see myself using Ameol again. The interface is so horribly antiquated now that it just makes me feel like I'm using some AOL client from 1994. And the web interface is the pits of unusability. Every time I try it I come away feeling more and more frustrated. That just leaves the telnet interface. Or, actually, the old Vienna v1 OLR I wrote years ago and then handed off to Christine. Wonder if it is still going?

I wonder what they're trying to achieve though? What is going to make CIX stand out in this era of social networks?

--
stevepa

<< Total Lunar Eclipse June 15 20... Another million dollar idea I ... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
ICUKNet to lead CIX into the s... Simon - 7/06
    Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Dominic Search - 8/06
    Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Steve - 9/06
       Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Simon - 9/06
          Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Steve - 9/06
             Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Simon - 9/06
                Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Steve - 13/06
                   Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Bruce Ure - 13/06
                      Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Steve - 14/06
                         Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Bruce Ure - 14/06
                            Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Steve - 14/06
                               Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Bruce Ure - 14/06
                                  Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Steve - 16/06
                                     Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Simon - 16/06
                                     Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Bruce Ure - 16/06
                                           Re: ICUKNet to lead CIX into t... Bruce Ure - 16/06