Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Solving Stonehenge Debate
by Steve at 03:02 03/10/10 (Blogs::Simon)
Hmm... OK but it doesn't answer the key question for me. Was Stonehenge built by aliens?

(And I don't mean the French.)

I mean, what was it for and how did they get the big lintels up there? And where did the stone actually come from. An authority no less than Eddie Izzard asserts they were dragged from Wales over a period of years. Is that right?

I mean, all the discussion of Aubrey Holes is good but the rest of us really want the bigger picture - aliens and stuff. And who was the diety of Stonehenge?

I should clarify a vested point of interest here incidentally. I'm all for the establishment of a Lord Summerisle style community in England complete with copulating couples in disused churchyards and nekkid ladies jumping over flames. Present religion has become somewhat jaded compared to what is offered on C5 most nights so I think a spiritual revival is called for even if it annoys the Pope and that other bloke in Canterbury. And, I mean, Lord Summerisle had some pretty good ideas didn't he? And I liked his dress sense.

Sorry, I need to finish now. There's a couple of blokes waiting outside to take me back to the clinic.

--
stevepa

<< Once every 19 years, there's a... I love LIDAR and PTM >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Solving Stonehenge Debate Simon - 2/10
    Re: Solving Stonehenge Debate Steve - 3/10
       Re: Solving Stonehenge Debate Simon - 3/10
          - Deleted User Account - 3/10
          Re: Solving Stonehenge Debate Steve - 4/10
             Re: Solving Stonehenge Debate Simon - 4/10
                Re: Solving Stonehenge Debate Bruce Ure - 4/10
                   Re: Solving Stonehenge Debate Steve - 4/10